Monday, April 13, 2009

april 12-of-12

i am not one iota more organized today than i was last month at this time. what is with me? i don't know, but something's gotta give . . .
timmy's preschool is holding a board meeting to decide whether to continue after this school year. it seems they can make $30,000-ish more if they use the preschool space as daycare instead (they have a daycare, as well, but have a classroom or two of preschoolers who don't attend daycare). can't blame them for wanting more money, but . . . they're part of the local college and the teaching students receive some of their classroom training in the preschool. i want them to continue, at least for one more year. after that, timmy will be in kindergarten, so i won't care . . . i'm small and selfish, i know, but i needs to look out for mines own, right?
easter was hard for me this year, as evidenced in my 12-of-12 layout. tim was supposed to be off that weekend. alas, it did not happen. again. he had to do some sort of "extra patrol" way out in some other county, miles and miles away. he did get to see timmy wake up, and came back in the evening. i did not make a ham, or anything else, for that matter. i offered left-over pizza to timmy for lunch, but he'd eaten so much candy he wasn't hungry. and i let him. (today we're back to our normal no-candy-ness.) i think the week of grey, rainy weather probably added to my emotional slump.
also? my desktop is on its last leg - well, last pre-computer-guy leg, anyway, so i am unable to print my pictures on photo paper and stick them on cardstock. instead, a very plain-jane digital version:


in other news, i have decided i am too fat to exist as is. enough is enough! ish. i do not know what i will do about it, but i am ready to do something. i have begun researching nutritional requirements. i figure i'll start there. i have never had my cholesterol checked (i know!), so a call to my doctor is on the horizon. also a call to our insurance company to determine whether a dietician's consultation is covered.
as for exercise? well, for the most part, this will have to be cobbled together from the tiny snippets of time i have available due to michael's nap schedule. as soon as school is out for the summer, i will only have my own boy at home, so off to the ymca we will go. ethan and timmy can go into the ymca "kid zone" or into the pool with me, but almost michael's entire waking time is taken up by eating and preparing for sleep. next school year, ethan will be in kindergarten and michael will be old enough to join timmy in the kid zone.
aaaaanyway, i do not know how i will get rid of my fatness yet. all i know is i have never been on a "diet" and i am not willing to try one now. whatever i do, it has to be something i'm willing to do forever.
(join me now for a prayer: please, dear God, do not let me read this post one month from now without my having done anything to help myself! :D)

6 comments:

Kimmy said...

awww, I'm sorry your Easter day wasn't as you had hoped. I'm trying to lose pregnancy weight at the moment myself. May I suggest sparkpeople.com to you? It's free and is just counting calories, so you can choose the foods you still want to eat. I love your number 12 picture and your son is adorable with his basket :)

Laura T. said...

Love the layout. I still have to work on getting my March 12 of 12 done. I'm super far behind with EVERYTHING.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Thank you for the ant recipe and coming by the blog. :)
I wish you well in all your endeavors!

thekreativelife said...

What a wonderful layout! Sorry you had a rough day, though. It's hard to do the "single-parenting" thing on a holiday.

Good luck with your goal! (Have you ever checked out flylady.com? Drinking your water and doing 15 minutes of continual movement can do wonders for a body!; ))

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment on my Motivate Me Monday post!

God Bless You!

O said...

Another lovely 12 of 12 and what an excellent post. Thanks for sharing your feelings & thoughts. I'm in the same boat as you. I need to rearrange my own body mass but don't know how to go about it and have no energy to do so. So, they cycle goes and add all the other things I'm not happy about and so depression sets in. I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted, even if it's just to vent. :)

Lisa said...

as ever, a great 12 of 12. I am still fighting with mine! and i forgot on the day...
wish i could just settle on a tried and trusted solid design like yours and go for it! i have tried yet another style this month... arrghghg.
and good luck with your goal!